Tuesday 27 August 2013

Sporting teams

Russell
Hello to all the new students,

Well, let’s get right to the point shall we? During your time at Greenwich you will have a variety of sports and cultural activities that you can get involved in namely Football, Basketball, Hockey, Drama, American football and the Choir, just to name a few. Being a member of the Greenwich First Team Basketball I have witnessed first-hand the benefits sports can give a student. Apart from the obvious fitness and discipline, I have managed to gain many friends during my involvement with the basketball team. These being friends that share similar interests as me and who I can genuinely get along with well.

As a new student last year this helped me widen my social scope to be able to make friends with people who were not in my class or year.

Sporting teams also host some social events as fundraising projects and can also travel to distances as far as Bradford for fixtures, more or less a free ride to Bradford for sports and social time with your mates? Sounds like a good time to me! At the end of every academic year the sports coordinators of the university organize a sports dinner for all the team members, at a reasonable price, where awards and trophies are given out, very classy evening.

The more you put in, the more you get out, so let’s get stuck in shall we!

No comments:

Post a Comment